Chilewich place mats
years ago New Yorker Sandy Chilewich introduced her first woven vinyl
into the tabletop industry. She was unquestionably the first designer
to recognise the under-utilised potential of this material. Since that
time she has gone on to develop her collection of signature placemats
and runners and you will now find her products in many of the top
restaurants and hotels around the world.
We provide a wide range of colours in a variety of attractive styles:
- Basketweave and Mini Basketweave - these traditional
weaving patterns have been transformed into a modern aesthetic using a
palette of contemporary neutral tones that range from natural earth to
- Bamboo - this has a well defined simplicity within its
subtle textural weave that combines modern practicality with a serene
- Spun Vinyl - this is named for its web-like appearance. Its
manufacture is as creative as the finished product itself. Liquid vinyl
is poured through tiny holes onto a moving belt and then heat set. This
design is ideal for any contemporary interior.
- Rib weave - A heavy weave that is ideal for those who want
the very hardest wearing table coverings.
- Engineered Squares - These placemats have already become a
modern classic. The grid design with its gentle graduations of colour
is a Chilewich design original.
- Woven Lattice - Has been likened to crystal, jewels and
even ice but this textile is durable and maintenance free.